Social Experience Halflife 2 Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the Halflife 2 roleplay server, Social Experience.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application

Go down 
+3
Bushy Eyebrows
_Uno
Smok3r
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smok3r
Minge
Smok3r

Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application Empty
PostSubject: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:13 am

[size=16]HELIX DvL Application sheet/size]

Steam name:

Smok3r

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:144055

How long have you been part of the community?

I joined around 4 - 5 weeks ago.

How long have you been playing HL2RP?

Same as previous question, about 4 - 5 weeks.

Have you ever been banned before?

No

Have you ever had experience within staff or owned a serious RP server?

No

What motivates you to want to become the HELIX DvL?

I'd like to be the HELIX DvL because in the time I've been playing, there's nothing I've seen that seems more my style that being in the MPF, and even better than that, being a DvL in the MPF. I love to lead in everything I've done, and i think this position would be perfect to fulfill that love.

Do you have any past experience with running a division within the MPF?

No

Give a detailed description what a divisional is supposed to do:

A Divisional is tasked with handling their Division in general, they train those under them, recruit or above, teaching whatever is needed to whoever needs it. They discipline those who make mistakes, firmly, but justly. Reward those who do well,(?) and keep everyone in their division in line. They would also work with other DvLs to keep the entire MPF working together as seamlessly as possible. They would also handle promotions and such when it comes to those in the Division.

Give a detailed roleplay situation example showing how you would interact with a lower ranked unit.

(Some background on the situation, this would be the DvL overseeing the final part of the recruit's training, after this the DvL planned to take him inside and promote him to an 05)

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.93462 would be standing on the hardpoint, watching as the recruit unit in front of him was beating the citizen.

** The citizen's cries stop suddenly while the unit is beating him, after a few moments the citizen also stops reacting to the blows being rained down on him.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 yells "Recruit, halt, check the Citizen, make sure he's still alive"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 would turn to the DvL, before nodding, and holstering his stunstick with a quick movement. He then kneels down, checking to see if the citizen is still breathing.

** The Citizen doesn't move, and is not breathing

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 would stand back up, turning to his DvL, with fear in his voice, he mumbles "The Citizen is dead... sir."

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would squint through his visor at the Recruit, straining to hear him. He yells "Speak up Recruit, what is the status of the Citizen?"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 attempts to look more confident as he says, a little louder this time "The Citizen is dead sir"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 Grunts to himself, turning to climb down from the hardpoint, and walking towards the unit and the dead citizen

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 says "Sir, it was an accident, i didn't notice that he stopped moving, i was just trying to make an example of him"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 cuts the unit off mid-sentence, yelling "Do not make excuses for yourself! You killed this citizen, did you not?"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 says "Uh ye... yes sir... i did sir."

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 mutters to himself "This one's not making 05" he raises his voice and says "Get in the nexus, report to my office, i'll be there shortly to talk to you about disciplinary action."

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 says "But, sir, what about the citizen?"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 yells "I gave you an order, Recruit! Now Move it!" he draws his stunstick as a threat, taking a step towards the unit"

**C45.MPF.HELIX.Recruit.98453 would see the DvL drawing the stunstick, and start walking quickly to the door of the Nexus, almost running, to get inside

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would glance around at the minor crowd that had formed, before yelling "Citizens, isolate, go back to your duties". He would then turn to follow the Recruit into the Nexus.

Give a detailed roleplay situation example showing your use of mechanical or construction rp.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would bring up his right hand, twisting the handle of the door and pushing it open, casually walking into the garage.

** There is a scanner sitting on one of the desks, and a HELIX 05 sitting in the chair next to it, looking frustrated.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.05.74382 would fumble angrily with the scanner, hearing the door open behind him, he turns. Seeing that the unit entering is his DvL, he quickly stands and salutes. He says sharply "Sir".

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would nod to the unit. "Having trouble fixing the scanner, 05?" He says, sounding disappointed.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.05.74382 would lower his hand, turning back around to the scanner on the desk. "Yes sir, I won't start up, and I just can't figure out why" He'd say, looking down at his feet in shame, as he turns back to the DvL.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would shake his head, "You disappoint me, 05. Leave, i'll take care of it." he'd say, before walking angrily over towards the scanner, and sitting down at the desk

**C45.MPF.HELIX.05.74382 would jump back, out of the DvLs way, "I'm sorry sir" he'd say, before turning to leave

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would pick up the scanner, looking it over, searching every part of the casing for damage.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 notices a small hole in the casing of the scanner, almost unnoticeable.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 starts to pull apart the casing around the hole, as he goes he finds what looks to be what's left of a 9mm round, embedded in the battery of the scanner. "Damned citizens, shooting up our scanners" he mumbles to himself.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 begins to remove all the wires from the battery. Once done, he pulls the battery out and places it on the desk next to the scanner.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 gets up, walking over to retrieve a spare battery from (wherever the spare batteries would be stored... :/)

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 selects the one he wants, and grabs some pieces of scrap metal to fix the casing of the scanner, returns to the desk, and sits down.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 puts down the scrap metal, drags the scanner over to him, and starts to carefully insert the new battery into it, locking it into place.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 begins to plug all the wires into the new battery, careful not to damage any of them in the process. After doing so, he picks up the scrap metal, and starts to mark it for cutting to make it fit the hole in the scanner.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 pulls his cutting torch out, and begins to cut along the marks he made on the scrap metal.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 replaces the cutting torch, pulls out a welding torch, and starts welding the scrap metal into place on the scanner. Happy with his work, he gets up to leave.

**C45.MPF.HELIX.DvL.82347 would walk over towards the door, opening it quickly, and walking out.

Explain why it’s very important that you behave appropriately as the HELIX Divisional:

I believe it's very important to behave appropriately because I, as the DvL, would be an example of what those under me need to become, I need to set a good example for those that want to climb in the rank.

Why is it important that you get recruited over all the other applicants?

Because I think I will bring a great roleplaying attitude to the role, I may not have much in the way of experience, but I am an incredibly fast learner, and that's amplified by the fact that I really want to learn to be good in this position.

Are you able to preform as a forum moderation as you will be responsible for the HELIX section of the forum?

Yes, I have moderated forums and such in other communities before, granted they aren't the same as this one, it's safe to say I know what i'm doing in regards to that.

Do you already have the MPF whitelist?

No, I do not
Back to top Go down
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:25 am

10/10 good read, would buy the novel for christmas.
+1
Back to top Go down
Bushy Eyebrows
Bushy Eyebrows

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:15 am

-Support

The guy hasn't played in weeks, and he doesn't even have MPF. I think he should start by applying to get it.
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Ashe Harding
Cpt. Ashe Harding

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:39 am

To be frank the Mechanical RP is quite short and involves too much talking rather than acting.

Interaction seems okay, though.

But still, -Support

Edit:
Doesn't even have MPF whitelist, on top of not even being around for longer than a week.
Back to top Go down
ShadyNasty
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:53 am

recruits aren't in divisions, units don't get a division until at least 05
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Ashe Harding
Cpt. Ashe Harding

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:59 am

ShadyNasty wrote:
recruits aren't in divisions, units don't get a division until at least 05

That and Recruits don't leave the Nexus.
Back to top Go down
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:
-Support
The guy hasn't played in weeks, and he doesn't even have MPF. I think he should start by applying to get it.
Activity doesn't dictate one's ability to be suitable, hell, even our CmD is studying a diploma for god-knows-what and said some rather choice words regarding prioritising his real life studies over his RP commitments. Smok3r is many more times more suitable for this position than you are, since you haven't been a part of the server for as long as he has.

Cpt. Ashe Harding wrote:
To be frank the Mechanical RP is quite short and involves too much talking rather than acting.
But still, -Support
Edit:
Doesn't even have MPF whitelist, on top of not even being around for longer than a week.
I didn't have an MPF Whitelist when I applied for the OfC position way back when Nickofett was still a part of the community, I don't see how it's relevant, considering the position can be based of RP Ability and maturity.

He has also been around for a week since I used to see him all the time when I had Kim, but he stopped playing when his Citizen was killed for a bullshit reason (From memory), which would annoy most people.
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Ashe Harding
Cpt. Ashe Harding

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:03 pm

_Uno wrote:
Bushy Eyebrows wrote:
-Support
Activity doesn't dictate one's ability to be suitable, hell, even our CmD is studying a diploma for god-knows-what and said some rather choice words regarding prioritising his real life studies over his RP commitments. Smok3r is many more times more suitable for this position than you are, since you haven't been a part of the server for as long as he has.

Cpt. Ashe Harding wrote:
But still, -Support
Edit:
I didn't have an MPF Whitelist when I applied for the OfC position way back when Nickofett was still a part of the community, I don't see how it's relevant, considering the position can be based of RP Ability and maturity.

He has also been around for a week since I used to see him all the time when I had Kim, but he stopped playing when his Citizen was killed for a bullshit reason (From memory), which would annoy most people.

Stopped playing because his character died?
Which only gives me more to go off of because if his DvL dies because of a bullshit reason, he will quit and force another application business. That's not what a leader would do, so that's another reason to add why he's not getting a Support. Thank you for showing me this, Uno.
Back to top Go down
Sinskitz
Legend
Sinskitz

Location : “No matter the problem, кιη∂ηєѕѕ is always the right response.”

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Even if he doesn't have the MPF whitelist, he still showed effort within the application. I enjoyed the techrp, even if it started with telling a 05 to beat it. I also enjoyed reading the situation about the recruit, even though recruits don't have a divisional and do not leave the nexus. Still, he has never been a DvL before, but he hasn't had experience with the MPF whitelist yet. This is tough for me to vote on, to be honest I think he would be excellent, but we need to teach him some of the basics first. He used good detail within his application and that I like to see. My vote is +Support, I think Icly we could have sectorial or commander teach the new DvL or maybe give him memory replacements, ect. [Tell him what to do oocly after the memory replacement, or w/e you wanna do]
Back to top Go down
Bernieb
Bernieb

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm giving NEUTRAL support on this, although he may not have the playtime or the whitelist his application looks better than the two others, although I have not have experience seeing his personality or roleplay myself, therefore I come to the conclusion of neutral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application   Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Smok3r's HELIX DvL Application
Page 1 of 1