Social Experience Halflife 2 Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the Halflife 2 roleplay server, Social Experience.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civil protection improvements.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BillCosby
Minge

Civil protection improvements. Empty
PostSubject: Civil protection improvements.   Civil protection improvements. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 7:47 pm

In the short time I've been on this server, I have seen several things that I and possibly some other people would like fixed/improved.

Unit uniformity: The civil protection isn't a fashion show, It's a well organized paramilitary organization where units don't just wear whatever they think looks good. I've seen OfCs wearing winter coats and DvL masks, some wearing trench coats and other masks I don't think are even used in this servers mpf. So yeah. I'd like to see admins enforcing some form of rank dress codes that units need to follow. I think small accessories for your division would be fine. But don't go over the top and try to stand out from other units.

Rogue units: I've only found one issue about this that irked me, which was a rogue unit thought that they could just request enterance into the nexus after leaving the force. Now, the only unit that was ever in hl2 was Barney Calhoun, and he only joined with the intention to help the resistance, he didn't decide to run off and join the rebels. He even did his job and did not shoot at any other units/ overwatch units until the uprising. Units are watched more closely than citizens, so you should be more afraid of resisting than any ordinary person. Which brings me to my next point....

Oppression: In half life 2 what happens when you walk up to a citizen? That's right, they tell you to go away out of fear of being beaten. I've seen people on here chatting near the nexus, sitting together on the benches and I'm pretty sure I saw several people cuddling at a few points. Civil protection should act more strict to citizens and abuse their power a little more for rp sake. This doesn't include having 05 walk around kicking the shit out of people for looking at them funny, but hey, you're a citizen that was jsut given a uniform, a gun and a lot more power over citizens, don't you think you would want to take advantage of it?
Back to top Go down
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

PostSubject: Re: Civil protection improvements.   Civil protection improvements. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 pm

10/10 - Completely agree.
+1

But I think the issue is that beating Citizens for citing too close to each other on a bench ruins that groups RP, like when you're told to "<:: Isolate! ::>", so I think that's why most people don't do it.

With the "Uniform" Uniforms (Pun intended), I would like to see only HC having a different appearance .

I hate Rogue Units with a passion because they always rebel for the stupidest reasons, however on this server, a Unit can't go rogue without permission.
Back to top Go down
ShadyNasty
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Civil protection improvements.   Civil protection improvements. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:09 pm

stopping citizens from being able to openly roleplay with one another will kill this server, i've seen it happen too many times. if people can't rp with one another they'll just get bored and either stop playing here or become an lolwebul

also oppression of that degree is the main cause of lolwebuls imo, people can't rp with one another casually so they get the sense that the only way they can rp is if they become a rebel, next thing you know we have an empty plaza with nothing for cp's to do and 9 citizens on the scoreboard with edgy descriptions erping in the slums
Back to top Go down
Sinskitz
Legend
Sinskitz

Location : “No matter the problem, кιη∂ηєѕѕ is always the right response.”

PostSubject: Re: Civil protection improvements.   Civil protection improvements. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:30 pm

_Uno wrote:
10/10 - Completely agree.
+1

But I think the issue is that beating Citizens for citing too close to each other on a bench ruins that groups RP, like when you're told to "<:: Isolate! ::>", so I think that's why most people don't do it.

With the "Uniform" Uniforms (Pun intended), I would like to see only HC having a different appearance .

I hate Rogue Units with a passion because they always rebel for the stupidest reasons, however on this server, a Unit can't go rogue without permission.

What he said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civil protection improvements.   Civil protection improvements. Empty

Back to top Go down

Civil protection improvements.
Page 1 of 1