Social Experience Halflife 2 Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the Halflife 2 roleplay server, Social Experience.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CmD Voting time!

Go down 
+3
Masreya21
_Uno
Acidic_TACO
7 posters

CmD choices
Option one
CmD Voting time! I_vote_lcap36%CmD Voting time! I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Option two
CmD Voting time! I_vote_lcap43%CmD Voting time! I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Option three
CmD Voting time! I_vote_lcap21%CmD Voting time! I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Acidic_TACO
Founder
Founder
Acidic_TACO

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Rules: You have one vote. Pick one of the three. You're not allowed to know the names of the person you're voting for as this is not a popularity contest.
Option one:
Option two:
Option three:
Back to top Go down
https://socialexperiencehl2.forumotion.com
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Option 3 says "I am much greater than the other two applicants. I have skills in multi-tasking, decision making, activity, and how to proper role-play." - Might be true, but as it stands, I'm one of the more active members on the server so I doubt you could even come close.

Secondly, Nicko before you wanted to jump on "Making the MPF more strict" bandwagon, you gave Kim FUCKING HANDWRITING LESSONS for assaulting a Unit because your Divisional is a "Work-o-holic", creating work and doing work are two different things - Detainment and a Re-Education would have been the appropriate thing to do.

"as I indeed to be far more active than all of them, and role-play with greater quality than they may muster." - Again, you're not as active as me or 5ym5 and I think this is hilarious you're basically slagging off your fellow RPers to try and make you look better, but the sad fact is, to insult other people is only going to degrade yourself. I won't be suprised if you lose because this arrogance is just simply awe-inspiring.

"I promise to bring about a reform of sorts to fix the current problems, that I feel the other applicants would handle too harsh, or not at all." - You say that though, but... I'm still waiting on that training guide you said you would make about a week ago. A week is plenty of time to do anything, even if you have RL priorities and engagements. Actions speak louder than words and as it stands, My OfC is the only person who I've spotted issuing Blackmarks without favouring unsuitable units.
Back to top Go down
Masreya21
Veteran

Location : In the land of otakus and weeaboos. I am hiding from the dumbass "Loud majority" who give us a bad name

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:51 pm

In defense for nick he wanted this to happen after we were talking about it.
Back to top Go down
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Masreya21 wrote:
In defense for nick he wanted this to happen after we were talking about it.
That's exactly it though, you can't be pissed off about "Shit units" when your Divisional isn't even remotely interested in punishing people for committing violations.

It seems that he jumps on the bandwagon the second it became an actual well-known issue, myself and Bernie have been annoyed with the Dr. PHILvLs for ages and it's only until he noticed it's a problem (IE, the Staff Meeting which was hosted by Taco) that he finally decided "Maybe I should do something about it." instead of punishing Units for not behaving properly in the first place.

A lot of things could be argued "Sure, he's not a hard-ass." "He's a nice guy." but being a Divisional, any sort of ability for empathy would be lost, as a Divisional you should care about 2 things: 1) The Union and 2) Enforcing Union Law. That does NOT include ignoring a violation and giving a Citizen a personal lesson in Handwriting.

Problems within the MPF stem from the people in High-Command positions not enforcing Units to behave properly, there are Units who are told to Salute High-Commanding Units as part of Recruit and Oh-Five training and yet, most High-Command don't seem to be bothered by it.

If I spent ages toiling in the dirt and working my fingers to the bone by serving the Union and amputating Anti-Citizens, partaking in Raids and Sweeps, I'd expect that at the very least a Unit would give me SOME form of respect which extends beyond "Sir."
Back to top Go down
Nickofett

Location : I live in Naumann Crater... It's on the moon, don't come here.

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:05 pm

Uno, I don't think you understand where, and when you can speak. I'm not one to say, but logs from a few nights ago say plenty to the contrary of what you've just stated. I'm not attempting to get into an argument, but I honestly think that if you act like this in a public space, you can't be trusted with any form of leadership. Those past mistakes have been corrected, as my DvL no longer socializes at all. If you'd like to stop bringing your apparently godly opinion into every single matter on these forums, I'd be very happy. I also have punished a great deal of people, but your punishments are without care, or regard for any type of social standpoint. It makes zero sense for you to shoot a unit as an OfC for saluting you. I might also add that if you think you deserve respect from any unit; you'd be completely incorrect. Shooting somebody does not make them respect you in any regard to the fullest. I'd also like to say that you have already failed, you reveled the identity of one of the contestants, undermining Taco's rules.
Back to top Go down
ShadyNasty
Veteran

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:10 pm

i thought this was a thread for a poll, not a thread to argue about something that hasn't happened
Back to top Go down
Nickofett

Location : I live in Naumann Crater... It's on the moon, don't come here.

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:11 pm

ShadyNasty wrote:
i thought this was a thread for a poll, not a thread to argue about something that hasn't happened

Agreed. These are completely pointless, as I've already specified what I've done within the confines of this forum. As well as correcting them.
Back to top Go down
Acidic_TACO
Founder
Founder
Acidic_TACO

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:15 pm

I have not given the order or names of any of the contestants so any rumors are baseless.
Back to top Go down
_Uno
Legend
_Uno

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:21 pm

My Officer does what they do for several reasons.
1. Being shot is an unpleasant experience
2. If every time they fail, they are shot - They have motivation to not fail
3. If they are shot, their failure allows for VAMP Units to practice treating Bullet Wounds.
4. Being shot in the thigh is low-risk, because there are no organs there
5. In turn, the unit which fails is able to benefit the Union.

Also Nickofett, you were a social DvL until I pulled you up on it - So don't try and say you've changed when you should have been acting as a proper HC Unit from the start and then claiming that your RP and whatever is far superior to your 'competitors'.

Also it's funny how only yesterday you said that I was a blabbering idiot, simply because I said "I kind of want CmD though.", always entertaining to watch someone throw a tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Sinskitz
Legend
Sinskitz

Location : “No matter the problem, кιη∂ηєѕѕ is always the right response.”

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

# 2 for the win. lol
Back to top Go down
Niko
Niko

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm just going to say that I don't like any of the options.
Number one does not actually answer two of the questions. He/she never says how they can prove they are worthy, making me believe that they aren't. He/she also does not say that they're prepared to take the blunt of responsibilities. Because of this, I dont, personally, deem option one a viable choice.
Option two mentions having been a high command more than a ground unit, which displeases me. Unless he/she has properly gone through the ranks, one at a time, promoted through hard work and great role playing, I get the feeling they're being 'gifted' power. It's like playing an MMO, and starting off at max level. You have no idea what to do with your character, because you learn the most important things in the beginning, when you're one of the 'new guys'.  It should also be considered to let someone, that hasn't actuslly reached a high rank like that before, try it out as well, instead of a 'veteran'.
Option three seems completely full of himself. By saying you're better than the others, I believe the exact opposite. And as this would be his third time as a CmD, I would like to repeat what I mentioned about option two. Because he's so full of himself, I believe the power of the rank will go to his head. I have seen several people succumb to their IC power over the many forces in the city, which has caused them to become blind, and eventually ruin the experience for everyone.

TL:DR
Option one isn't a viable choice, since he apparently cannot prove his worth, or actually say he's prepared for the responsibilities.
Option two isn't a viable choice, as I sense his ranks are almost gifted to him, and he appears to achieve great power too easily.
Option three isn't s viable choice, as I believe the power will go to his head and make him power hungry, thus ruining the experience for everybody else, as well as the reason I put for option two.

However, these are entirely my personal opinions. And it's about 8 AM, I am incredibly tired, so I may have misread some things, or even forgotten them while typing.
I typed this using my iPad, so I apologize for any mistakes that might appear. I am also not wearing my glasses, which makes it twice as bad.
Back to top Go down
Acidic_TACO
Founder
Founder
Acidic_TACO

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Thats gone long enough. Option two is the winner. And the options where
1. _Uno
2. ShadyNasty
3. Nickofett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CmD Voting time! Empty
PostSubject: Re: CmD Voting time!   CmD Voting time! Empty

Back to top Go down

CmD Voting time!
Page 1 of 1